1. Jesus does not tell the man to do anything which goes against what the Bible teaches. He tells the man to break a religious tradition, not a command of God.
2. "... but God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Rom. 5:8
3. I keep sneaking in the belief that I am worthy of God's love and power because of who I am and what I've done.
4. God has no need love. He is only gift love.
5. "In this is love, not that we have loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins." 1 John 4:10