1. Evil is not equal to God's goodness, and God did not create evil.
2. In Adam's Fall, I did not become evil, I became bent and broken, from my highest heights to my deepest depths, with nothing left untouched.
3. Each and every human being is bent and broken by an ongoing desire to be god. So, for each and every person, only the true and living God can rescue and help them.
4. In grace and mercy, the Lord God came to draw Adam and Eve out of hiding. He did not come to drive them deeper into hiding.
5. Only Jesus Christ turns "take and eat" from a reminder of sin, shame and death, to a reminder of salvation, grace and eternal life.
Loving God, I confess to You, that I flatter myself too much to detect or hate my own sin. I confess to You, that I am good at finding specks in other people’s eyes, and bad at seeing the log in my own eye. I confess, that I too easily make You less generous and more harsh, as I forget Your word. Thank You for Jesus Christ, and His death for me on the cross. Thank You that, in Him, my sins are forgiven; I am clothed with His perfect life; I am born again to new life; I become Your child forever by adoption and grace. Please make me a disciple of Jesus gripped by the Gospel guided by Your word and living for Your glory. In Jesus’ Name. Amen!