1. As I am gripped by the Gospel my thinking will become more sober and sane.
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”” Romans 1: 16-17
1a. I am a creature in rebellion against my Creator.
1b. Apart from God’s grace I am doomed beyond imagining - but in God’s grace I am eternally blessed beyond imagining.
1c. I dwell in God’s created order where He is present and Sovereign.
2. This age sees either the Island or the Hive - but God’s grace brings personal freedom and integrity in His Body.
3. We enter the Jesus Way one-by-one, but we walk the Jesus Way with Jesus and each other.
“I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, which is your rational worship. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing to Him and perfect.” Rom. 12: 1-2.
4. When I receive God’s grace in Christ Jesus, He also gives me grace gifts to make a difference in people’s lives for God’s glory.
5. In Christ, no one is without a gift, no one has all the gifts, and no one does not need the gift-giving of others.
6. The grace gifts from God are to be used not stored away.
7. Choose to pray and then do something.