“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”” Romans 1: 16-17
1. I cannot make myself right with God. The just God makes me right with Himself by His grace alone, in Christ alone, received by faith alone.
2. Human autonomy is an illusion.
3. Human beings “gotta serve somebody” or some thing.
4. When I am redeemed by Jesus, I do not become less human, I begin to become more human.
5. I either serve “I-will-be-like-god” or God Himself.
6. God’s gift of grace makes us whole, free and fruitful.
7. Lord, thank You for the gift of this new day. I come to You, ready to work for You under Your direction. I bring the best of who I am and all of who I am. I bring my mind, body, time, money, creativity, sexuality, influence, job and life. I am here to work for You. Please guide, direct and strengthen me to do what you would have me do. Please free me so I work for Your glory and not my own. In Jesus Name. AMEN.