1. The King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the true and living God, tells His grace-ransomed children, to submit to human authorities, and to respect and honour them, in a way which fully glorifies and honours Him.
“I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, which is your rational worship. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect.” Rom. 12: 1-2.
2. Lord, please spare our nation from the government that we deserve, and in Your mercy, grant us a government which is better than we deserve.
3. In light of God’s instruction through His word written, I will offer real but qualified respect and honour to rulers.
4. Lord, please help me to be a disciple of Jesus gripped by the Gospel who builds my life on Your eternal truths and not on transient legislative and judicial decisions.
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”” Romans 1: 16-17
5. Lord, please make me a disciple of Jesus gripped by the Gospel who daily clothes myself with the Lord Jesus Christ and also turns away from all that is within me which is in rebellion against You.