See "Baptism" painting in Resources.
1. "I cannot command continual success in my ministry. I can only receive what God gives me." J. C. Ryle
2. The Gospel does not call me to be fatalistic and passive. It calls me to active, humble, grateful life.
See "Pointing To Jesus" painting in Resources.
3. The more I know that I am not the Christ, but that instead, I am to pave the way for Him, the saner I will be.
See "Beheading John" painting in Resources.
4. "He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30
See "John's end" painting in Resources.
5. One problem that a Christian will never have is God not giving enough of the Holy Spirit.
6. If my salvation is in my hands, I am doomed. However, since my salvation is in His hands, I can have a humble confidence.
7. You can be anger driven without a trace of love, but in this world, you cannot be love driven without ever being angry.
8. I can obey God without any faith in Him, but I cannot have faith in Jesus without wanting to obey Him.
9. When I believe in Jesus, the just-wrath-of-God-on-me is laid on Him, and He gives me, eternal life.
10. I can never make too much of Jesus.