1. The Bible and the Gospel seem weak and paltry compared to my own vision of heaven
2. Private revelations and visions make me think I am superior.
3. The Gospel and the Bible are an open, public revelation from God which humbles me.
4. I see the conceit and pride in others as a problem. It is hard for me to see my own conceit and pride - or see it as a problem.
5. "The Lord said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9.
6. The gods of this world either abandon people or kill people. The true and living God who has revealed Himself in His word loves people and dies to save them.
7. The quicker I stop flapping my arms, and let Him strap me in His plane as His passenger, the quicker I will fly.
8. Lord help me to grow in accepting that I am a jar of clay whom You redeemed and with whom You will forever "pitch Your tent".
- Dear Lord, please help me to be gripped by the Gospel and then die to my conceit and pride and live free as a jar of clay in the embrace of Your grace and power - all to Your glory and praise.1. The Bible and the Gospel seem weak and paltry compared to my own vision of heaven.